Propane is now the most widely used alternative fuel in residential homes for very good reason. Propane is safe, cost efficient and better for the environment, it even offers lower carbon emissions. Nearly 97% of the propane used in the United States is produced in North America. 14 million households can’t be wrong. That’s how many homeowners rely on propane to fuel their air conditioners, furnaces, fireplaces, water heaters, stoves, dryers and outdoor grills.
- Efficient:Appliances powered by propane provide homeowners better value and comfort compared with most sources of energy, while also reducing cost.
- Safe:Propane is nontoxic, nonpoisonous and a fuel that doesn’t contaminate groundwater or soil. Tanks can be safely buried to enhance landscaping needs.
- Environmentally Friendly: A low carbon alternative that produces significantly fewer greenhouse emissions than most energy sources, propane is approved as a clean alternative under the Clean Air Act of 1990.
- High Performance: Amenities in today’s homes are often referred to as high-performance and propane can easily power these while reducing energy costs. Combined with increased comfort, propane is the easy choice compared to heating oil or electric appliances.
- Reliable:Another reason for its popularity, propane users don’t have to worry about a power outage affecting their ability to keep warm, shower and cook while waiting for electric service to resume.